Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mommy Brain is REAL

Everyone has heard about "pregnancy brain" - which is also real - but have you heard about "mommy brain"?

Well, it's a real thing.  My brain was all screwy while I was pregnant, and it still is.  I forget things, misplace things, take wrong turns and all together get mixed up.  As it turns out, the brain I once had is more like a jigsaw puzzle that has been through a wind storm.

I generally remember most things, but seem to forget the main things I mean to remember.  I always leave the house with the checklist covered as far as kid, kid buckled in, kid's food, kid's bink, diaper bag, diapers, extra baby clothes... Then I forget the one thing I was leaving the house for, or that I needed gas or what day it is.

All in all, it isn't so bad.  Because I have a beautiful little girl out of it, but my brain is gone.


Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, I realize one was supposed to be a goose.


Oh well, at least I know that I am not alone, I was warned.  Every mom that I have come across that knew about my struggles with pregnancy brain told me this would happen.  One woman confessed she didn't know how her brain still existed, due to some study that said your brain shrinks with each child.  She has six children!

As it turns out, I cannot think of what else I meant to post about. So...

Until next time...

*s*


No comments:

Post a Comment